Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cookie Cutter: Defining Beauty



#bestofme #nomakeup



If I tried for a second to deny my Afro roots, which I would not, my hair and lips would sell me out in a heartbeat. I know who I am and I embrace it with pride. I am not cookie cutter and I like it that way. I will say that my honey toned skin does not come without its share of problems. I suffer, like most Latinas, with uneven skin tone. It is an issue that has worsen with the birth of our daughter. Lucky for me, working in this industry I have learned a few tips and tricks.

I've always been big into skincare and often times find myself heading to work sans make up. Doesn't sound so bad until I tell you I'm a make up artist, right? Actually, it is not and I love it when my clients tell me they want skin like mine and for once be able to leave the house without a lick of it themselves. While not perfect, I do my best to take care of my skin. Here are a few tips I learned along the way.

1.Toss the magnifying mirror. Self judgement causes wrinkles.
2. Smile. Laugh lines are more beautiful than the creases in your brow.
3. Be genuinely happy. You can see it from within.

Now, let's be honest in addition to this, we need a great core and by that I mean your skincare. When it comes to skincare, hydration is key and the most important for all skin types. For me another concern is that uneven skin tone I mentioned earlier, that is why I've tried Neutrogena Rapid Tone Repair Products. In just one week, this retinol line has been clinically proven to even out skin tone. Also being very simplistic in my routine, the lightweight day moisturizer has an SPF 30, eliminating my need to add on another product. An SPF is important is any skincare regimen but extremely important for any woman with unevenness or age spots.




After this, I throw my hair up and a smile on and I'm out the door. While I love being glammed up with make up most days, nothing makes me feel more beautiful than just being me, curly haired, pouty lipped and honey toned me. 










Disclaimer: This post is compensated and in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Neutrogena. Words, ideas and opinions are my own regardless of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...