Friday, March 15, 2013

What to Wear : Maternity {Reader Request}

Untitled #63

Dress
weekend: jacket | necklace | bag | boot
work week: jacket | bag | bracelet | shoes




So excited that one of my readers reached out to ask for some ideas on what to wear via my Facebook Fan Page. She also happens to be walking around 5 months pregnant. YAY! When Analiese was in my belly, busy sticking her feet in my ribs, I stayed comfortable in stretch jersey, maxi dresses and fun jewelry. I NEVER looked better. Seriously, I put more thought into what I looked like while wobbling around.  I found this basic maternity dress at Old Navy. What I love about it, aside from the simplicity that allows you to work with a blank canvas, is the color. It is fresh, fun and full of life...just like the mom-to-be wearing it! On the weekend, try it with a denim jacket or even an unbuttoned chambray shirt with moto boots. It gives it that cool factor while adding a bold necklace keeps it chic. Wear it again Monday morning to the office or even to lunch with friends with ballet flats and a blazer. The juxtaposition of polka dots and stripes is a bit daring but keeping them both in black and white makes it work perfectly and roll up your jacket sleeves to reveal a stack of bracelets. I did that a lot, I layered every gold bracelet I could find. Hope this served up a little inspiration. I'll be sure to share a bit more soon. Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...