Tuesday, March 19, 2013

To Infinity...




I've always wanted a tattoo but with a strict upbringing, I was always afraid of my mother catching wind and "burning it off with an iron". At 18, I got my first.  My then boyfriend insisted we get one together and then getting one together turned into getting matching ones. After 6 months of dating, we got infinity symbols, on our ring finger. I jokingly asked if it was my engagement ring and he smiled. It really was. On our way to the movies, we casually got matching wedding bands for our casual engagement. Yes, casually because the movie didn't start for another 2 hours and we had time to kill. One would stop here and ask if I was crazy to which I would answer yes. I was 18 and didn't know what I wanted in life, marriage was something I wasn't excited about coming from divorced parents and seeing the statistics but the movie was indeed not starting for another two hours so what is a girl to do right? He was cute, my best friend, we were crazy infatuated, in love even and if things didn't work out, "it would make for a great memory". Yes, he actually used this line and it worked because what is life if not for a bunch of amazing memories mixed within the horrible ones. Ten years after making him my boyfriend, I still take off my wedding rings to remind myself of that really cool guy I had dated. And to my husband, all I have to say is that you were right. It still makes for a great memory. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...