Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Preview

Get ready because The Makeup Show is coming to Chicago. While in New York, I was able to peak in and see what was in store for us. I sat through a session on the perfect smokey eye which one can never have too many techniques on how to achieve certain looks and walk through all the vendor booths. There are too many to list but I narrowed it down to some of my favorites.





 Everyone rants and raves about Tom Ford lipsticks and how great they are but before Ford there was Kevyn Aucoin. I do believe every woman should own one. May I suggest The Expert Lip Tint in Enchantaberry. It is smooth and luxurious just as a lip product should be. It amazes me that not many places carry it but thank goodness for Barney's always knowing what is best. 


So everyone in the blogosphere is aware of BirchBox but did you know they just launch a box for men? I didn't either. Now while BirchBox is a $10 subscription beauty service, the mens box is $20. The reason for the increase? Those dapper dudes get a lifestyle box. Just check out the sock by Richer Poorer which can range from $12-$20 alone. Not a bad deal, not bad at all.


I ran into the ladies from Artistry Beauty. You may recall how obsessed I was with their lipgloss not too long ago. I actually received some pretty awesome skincare as well so I thought I would peak in and see the whole line. I'll share that fun stuff in a later post because it just needs its own.

What make up artist/junkie would go to the show and NOT stop by Make Up For Ever? The big hit had to be their new Aqua Shadow. These smudge proof pencils are not yet available at Sephora so go ahead and stock up while you are there. I did.

I will be attending the show in Chicago so join me, you won't want to miss this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...