Friday, March 29, 2013

{Recipe Box} and Making Life Easier with Peapod


Tried a new recipe, well, semi new recipe and let me tell you. I'm in love. We were running low on groceries and with nothing but dinosaur nuggets in the house, an adult meal didn't seem likely. I have been working like a mad woman lately so I decided to try the PeaPod app, placed an order during a conference call and had my groceries delivered. I ordered the minimum, found a coupon to take $15 off (code: Truck, 1st time users only) and here is what I found. Don't worry, I'll get to the recipes soon.

PROS: It was easy. Like shopping online for clothes.
             Communication, was impeccable. 
             Driver was so sweet considering I made him wait 10 mins, since I didn't hear my phone.
             I was given free delivery for the next 60 days.


Cons: Broken eggs. 3 to be exact. Now I have to call customer service.
(If you have any problems or questions call 1-800-5-PEAPOD)

Would I order again from PeaPod, most likely. The prices aren't much different and the delivery fees are what I pay for coffee so it is worth saving myself the 2 hours it takes to get my monkey ready, drive to the store, shop, carry everything back to my car, load the toddler back in, park in the garage, unload a toddler and several bags and take them to the elevator and to my unit. It takes time. I'd rather, save the time, use it to spend time with her instead.

Well, once I got my groceries, I planned dinner. I eyeball and make up everything as I go along so bare with me as I guess-timate portions.


My Americano Style Fajitas
Serves 2

2 Chicken Breasts, sliced in the middle and then cut in strips
1 small red pepper
1 small orange pepper
3/4 of a white onion
2 cups fresh spinach
2 large flour tortillas
2 tbs ketchup
1 tbs minced garlic
1 Goya Sazon packet
1 tsp Cumin
salt (eyeball it)
1/2 cup water

In a hot skillet or a wok (what I used), I added 1 tablespoon of margarine, 2 of EVOO. Added the chicken and seasoned with salt and cumin. Add the onions, a pinch more salt (work in small amounts), garlic, ketchup, sazon and water. Cover. After about 5 mins, add the peppers. Keep tossing and making sure nothing sticks. Meanwhile, heat your tortillas. Once the chicken is done and the water is gone, onions are clear and the peppers are very soft, add fresh spinach to your tortilla and then layer on the chicken. Devour. I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!

XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...